Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Highlights

I'm currently taking a week to wash my brain before I start a new job next Monday.  I'm in staycation mode, finally getting caught up on organizational projects around house, getting to the gym on a regular-ish basis, getting Domino used to his new "to-go" house and creating looks I can wow all my new co-workers with!

I've spent a lot of time experimenting with highlighting.  My face is not angular by any means.  It's sort of the polar opposite - anything that can be smoothed over, is smoothed over.  This means I have to do my fair share of conturing and brightening to really pop in pictures.  My favorite tool of the highlighting trade is Stila's "All Over Shimmer" powder in #2, coupled with a MAC eyeshadow blending brush (for me, less bristles make it easier to pinpoint what I want to highlight).  The Stila powder is no longer available, but [this] Stila powder should be comprable, and looks even easier to use.  I dust this down the bridge of my nose, then create a sideways "V" (looks like <) down my brow bones and across my cheek bones. 
The pigment is pretty intense:


Here's a picture of me in a room with little natural light (you can still see the shimmers):
And here's the effect in a room fully-flooded with natural light (shimmer holds up well even when it's washed out):

If I piqued your interest in Dom's to-go house, here he is in it!  My new office is pet-friendly so he'll be making the trek with me to San Francisco once in a while ... can't wait to have my little sidekick with me at work!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Grace said...

You're gorgeous!

Love Grace.

 
At August 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger gloss_e said...

you're too sweet :) thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home