Friday, July 16, 2010

Delux Beauty: An Oldie But Goodie

So I KNOW there are rules on how long you should keep your makeup, and the majority of my stuff is used up or thrown out well before their expiration date, but there are some products I just can't bear the thought of letting go of.

Do any of you remember Delux Beauty?  It was the brainchild of Jillian Dempsey (yes, McDreamy's wifey) and also the brand that kicked off my addiction to lipglosses (McDAMN you!).  Eight years ago, I stumbled on their pocket-sized glosses on my first trip to Sephora Times Square and fell madly in love with their portability and shineability.  I had to have it in every shade, and pretty much succeeded with the endeavor.  And though none of the glosses remain in my collection (I used 'em up!), I've managed to hold on to this little lip/cheek stain from the line:


I collected this on my first trip to Sephora Miami 4 years ago.  It's funny how Sephora is always a point in my travel itineraries, even though I frequent the San Francisco stores like every other week...but I digress...what I love about this stuff is it's cute, compact and colorful. Plus it's a lip/cheek product so it's multi-talented.  It's everything I want to be in makeup form!

And I'm really good at keeping the surface clean and anti-bacterialized.  But to prove how old it is, check out the encrusted liner from sharpeners that have busted open in my makeup bags against my will through the years. Beauty battle scars, as I like to call them.  

Anyway, I just can't let go of you, little one.  You impart the perfect just-pinched glow from a perfect pint-sized package. And even though your line no longer exists, so you're technically extinct and that makes you a dinosaur in beauty terms, you'll always have a place in my heart (or rather, on my cheeks and sometimes on my lips).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh.. Great post to keep me inspired to do myself up through the weekend. Big shout out from India! :)

PS. If you haven't already snagged the Street Style Awesomeness of Scott Schuman then enter our SARTORIALIST BOOK GIVEAWAY right away! :)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 8:26 PM , Anonymous Elli Mulkey said...

hi
this is elli.i LOOVE YOUR BLOG because i love make up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you give me a make over?

oh ,i'll take any make up you don't want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sincerely, your friend
ELLI

 
At August 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE the makeup. its so soft and pretty

 
At August 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

also you have amazing eyebrows. whoever does them does a great job

 
At August 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger gloss_e said...

thanks Anon :) i pluck the strays around my brows and fill them in with a little liner smudged with a MAC liner brush!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home