Monday, June 7, 2010

License to Drive

Didn't know this, but when you turn 30, you HAVE to go down to the DMV in person to take a new picture for your driver's license.  I initially was dreading the trip and long lines/grumpy staff that I knew would await me, but then came around to seeing this as the opportunity it really was:  to finally look my age in my picture!  I sometimes get a sideways double-take when I flash my license (is this REALLY you?!), so I was expecting a drastic change between my old & new picture, but this is what I got instead:

Ummm ... I look EXACTLY the same, but with A LOT more makeup on! Which means the double-takes will ensue when I flash my license with no makeup on. 

Oh well.  On to today's face.  I'm experimenting with a heavy lid look, given the fact that the Tarte emphasEYES clay shadow seems to lend itself well to this type of application.  I smeared the Bronze shade all over my lid.  Then I dabbed a bit of Clinique Quick Eyes cream shadow (Rock Violet) in the middle and along my upper lashline, then spread it out with my fingertips.  What I really like about this look is I don't have to wear liner on my top lids, I can get away with only applying it on my bottom waterline.  It's a bit "much" for work, but it's all in the name of experimenting!



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 9, 2010 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Diane said...

You look great in that picture, it shows that you know much more about make up than you did in the past :D

have a fun day!

kiss

 
At June 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Lindsay With An "A" said...

you're too cute! You're new pic is great!! Love the eye shadow look, too! Very dramatic :)

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com/

 
At June 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

loving the eye make up x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home