Monday, May 17, 2010

Sephora's Bronzer Buffet

I love it when it feels like a product was designed specifically with me in mind.  Sephora's Best in Bronze Deluxe Sampler is the embodiment of the EXACT way I like to consume makeup: in small, affordable batches.  Unless I'm madly in love with a product (like I am with Too Faced Lock Down), I never go through an entire thing.  I'd rather sample a whole bunch of products, it's just more fun that way.  And while we're on this subject, this is basically how I like to go about consuming life in general:  I like to get a sampling taste of everything, keeps things fresh.  This will all make sense in September :)

But more on that later.  Take a look at all the goodies housed in this Bronzer Buffet: 

On Saturday, I tested out two of the items and they lasted all day long on a tourista-inspired excursion through San Francisco with my sis.  Will post more on that as soon as I get her pictures.  Here's the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Shadow Liner in Bronze.  I put it all over my lid for a heavy liner look:
Like I said, it lasted all day running around in SF, with alternate windy/misty/muggy/down-right HOT weather, depending on what part of the city we were in (gotta love our microclimates)
Here's the Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder, with little Domino peeking out from behind it.  He is a curious little soul:
I thought this was pretty on first application (it has a gorgeous luminous effect), but it settled into my fine lines by the end of the day.  Also, warning to all the sensitive gals out there, this has a rose fragrance, so if you're allergic, steer clear! The Pink tones in this product were pretty pronounced on my face, so I would peg this as more of a deep blush than a bronzer:

I'm excited to try out the rest of the kit -- and you'll see it all documented here in case you were wondering about getting it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Lindsay With An "A" said...

The Too Faced blush looks really good on you! :)

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

 
At May 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

honey you're so beautiful too!
Ahah...I feel bad about breaking them because they cost a lot and were so beautiful!, but you're right. It's part of the learning curve ahah...

my bf didn't like the concept of "false", so I won't be wearing them a lot, but it's nice for going out and photographs ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home