Friday, July 2, 2010

How Chinatown Does Hair

So I know this is supposed to be a positive ad, but the second I saw it, I became obsessed with wanting to hack my hair off:
Luckily my friend Jen was in the same predicament, and she recommended a spot in SF Chinatown she had a great experience at - La Vii.  It's a salon where the stylists "get" Asian hair, and cuts cost only $20!  Needless to say, I showed up at the salon pretty anxious to get started. 

Not even their pharmacy-style hair product displays or the dramatic Japanese game shows in rotation could calm my nerves (they distracted me just long enough to snap this picture).

"Dear God, please let them call my name SOOOOOOON  .... "

"WHEN ARE THEY GONNA CALL MY NAME??!"

Anyway, the wait (which wasn't even really a wait, I was just antsy) was totally worth it.  $20 bucks later, I felt like I had about 15 pounds taken off my head:


My hair will look like this for about two days, then go back to its wild and crazy ways, but at least there will be less of it for me to fight with every morning.  Thank you Jen!!!!

Oh, and for those of you wondering, La Vii is located somewhere down this street :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home