Monday, August 30, 2010

Neutralizer

I'm at the point in my life where I'm attending a Wedding or a Baby Shower every other week.  This week, I had two Baby Showers to party up.  It's crazy (in a good way) that I have friends who are going to be PARENTS.  Crazier yet is how skilled I've become at these shower games.  I scored in a major way at both events.  I'm not one to brag, but BOOYAH!:

(also won a digital photo frame which has mysteriously turned up missing)
Onto my makeup choices for the weekend.  Baby showers don't warrant the same style of glamourama as a wedding, so I kept my look low-key and very neutral.  On my eyes, I used Bobbi Brown's cream shadow in Suede.  This stuff SAVED MY LIFE in Miami.  If you want industrial-stength melt-proof shadow that applies delicately and beautifully, Bobbi has perfected the formula.  

I layered the cream shadow with the 3rd and 4th colors of the Revlon Color Stay "Coffee Bean" palette. While the world continues to pine for this season's must have UD Naked Palette, I'm sitting pretty with a perfectly neutral quad that applies smooth and pigmented at 7x's less the price!  I especially love this palette because it was a gift from my sister.  She bought me one because I always used hers on my frequent trips home to visit the fam.  The third color down is our mutual favorite.  It is literally the perfect brown.  


On my lips, I tried out a new gloss from Fusion Beauty - InFATuation in "In The Flesh."  You know me and nude lips ... I'm constantly on the hunt for the perfect shade, even though I have 50 billion tubes at home.  I didn't really notice a plumping effect from this product, but the color is nice.  Apply a little at a time and go lightly where your lips come together.  Otherwise, you'll get that weird white line in the middle of your mouth (there is no worse fate for a lip gloss lover than that gross line).   


The result of all this is nice and light.  

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Grace said...

You look great!

Love Grace.

 
At September 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM , Blogger THE DIVINITUS said...

i agree, the search for the perfect pale lip never ends!
very pretty long lash effect too...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home