Monday, April 12, 2010

Cupcake Nation

Whilst testing out color combos for my Rihanna challenge and paying homage to this illustration of Prince (a special gift from my little sister), I was suddenly seized with a craving for something sweet.



So I was MORE than stoked to discover a newly-opened cupcake joint in our neighborhood while picking up a weekend ritual coffee from Pete's. The BF and I helped ourselves to half a dozen: Key Lime Pie, Chai Tea, Vanilla, Coconut/Pineapple (got two of these) and Banana Chocolate Chip.

Banana Chocolate Chip and Coconut/Pineapple (numbers 1 and 2 in the first row below) were my favorite.  Mmmmmmmmm ...

Here's a closeup of the Key Lime Pie and Chai Tea cupcakes.  Even though these weren't my fave, I liked their colors :)

Sweet Tart isn't Kara's, but they've got all the makings of a cupcake joint with a cult following: unique flavors, pretty packaging, friendly staff.  If they keep at it, their creations will be MORE than sufficient to satisfy my random cravings (which are actually becoming less and less "random" as I age ...)

on a side note, Rihanna pics will be posted soon!

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the photos, so cute!
you have an awesome blog, keep it up!
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the encouraging comments!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2010 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Diane said...

Wow, these cupcakes look so sweet, I love them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home