Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Runner Up

Fussin over our little queen:


Close-up of her MAC/Smashbox combo:



Had to take the ubiquitous elevator shot. The world isn't ready for all these smart, sassy, beautiful girls:



Miracle palette:


LOVE my sisters :)

So my lil sis got first runner up! Which means if the winner can't fulfil her duties, my sister will get to rep California in the national competition. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her gown and when she had to answer an impromptu question, she was so poised and quick on her toes that I had to do a double-take. I just can't believe how much she's grown up :) They asked if she had to make a presentation to her student body, what would it be of and why. Her answer: optimism. Because they'll need to keep their heads held high as their high school is shut down next year due to the ridiculous budget challenges in California. She said she would speak about being optimistic in the face of this challenge, because that's the kind of legacy that the school/city needs in order to move forward. WHAT!!! I was super proud of her. And oh, I didn't end up being as much of a stage mom as I thought I'd be. All the girls were so sweet and non-pageantry about the whole thing...dangit

Regardless, I had so much fun cheering her on with my other two sisters. It's been way too long since we've been reunited, and this was the perfect event to bring us together. The three older sisters fussed over getting our lil queen ready in that turquoise MAC color I mentioned here, and with a few colors in my sisters Smashbox palette (you can see us playing with it while waiting through a delay at the airport in the 5th pic above).

Wish it were still the weekend!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home