Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gwen Stefani & The Underwonders

I ended up tackling two challenges in one - the underlash & Gwen Stefani. I'm sure Gwen's no stranger to the underlash, given the way she always POPS on stage. You can clearly see what she looks like a mile away (I've been to her concerts and can attest to this).

In short, I liked the effect, but it wasn't the most comfortable to wear. I think I'll look for shorter & less dense underlashes next time. Plus I was so excited to try this out, I applied both the uppers & lowers before letting either dry completely ... felt like my eyes were a set of stubborn clams.

Eyes: Clinique Cream Shadow in Rock Violet (how perfect is that name for a Gwen challenge?), MAC under lashes #31, Red Cherry upper lashes #110, lips: MAC lipstick in Doubonet.

With Flash:


Damn, I wish I had a blonde wig:

Without flash:


By the piano, in the name of Gwen:

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Kris Mulkey said...

I have a blonde mermaid wig if you want it. Ok, it's not mine, it's Elli's.

 
At March 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger gloss_e said...

yes!!!! bring it to work!!! with Elli!!! (you think i'm kidding, don't you?)

 
At March 15, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Laura said...

gorgeous makeup! You have pretty cheek bones

 
At March 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger casey said...

So jealous of your makeup skills! haha I can barely put on eyeliner.

 
At March 17, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Blogger gloss_e said...

@elledee - i IWSH i had cheek bones! it's all makeup ;)
@casey - eyeliner is one of the hardest things to master, so you're further along than you think!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home