Monday, December 6, 2010

Pearl-iscious

photo credit: maybelline.com

I'm digging the new ads for Maybelline's Color Sensational Pearls Lipstick.  I'm thinking of picking up a few tubes to try out, but thought I could re-create the look with two of my favorites products.  One's an oldie: Stila High Shine Lipcolor in Diane.  The other's a newbie:  Korres' Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate.

Both formulas are very moisturizing (a neccessity in this butt-freezing Bay Area weather) and both impart *just* the right touch of color to be be equally useful in daytime and nighttime scenarios.

I started my blending experiment by dabbing Diane on my whole lip -- not necessarily being neat about it, either.  One thing I love about pearly, glossy color is that it can be applied haphazardly and it actually looks better that way.  Then I applied a dot of the Lip Butter Glaze in the middle of my lower lip.

Then smeared the colors together with my fingertips.  And voila!  Pinky, pearly color.  I'll compare the wear-time of this combo with a tube of Maybelline's Color Sensational Pearls, and will holla back!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow great job! I bought one of the pearls, it was too sheer for me but the color is gorgeous!

xoxo

 
At December 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Amber said...

That looks so pretty! I've been on the lookout for the perfect color this winter...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home