Sunday, November 7, 2010

Free99

I loooooooove me some freebies.  Especially makeup freebies.  Last week at Nordstrom, I got the following glosses for being a ModCard holder - a Smashbox Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss, one Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Mulberry and a Clinique Full Potential Lips in Cherry Bomb/Play-Full Plump.  

Here are the lovely freebies atop my trusty Moleskine.  I'm planning on giving the Clinique sample to my sister, so you won't see it included in the lip pictures below:


The Laura Mercier gloss is more pigmented than this picture suggests.  Also has a light, non-sticky texture and it smells like the Holidays!  It doesn't do much in the realm of plumping, but I've never found a "plumping gloss" that actually does what it's supposed to do. 



Here's the Smashbox gloss (excuse my hair frizziness - it's been a rainy, rainy Sunday in the Bay Area!) .  This has a thicker texture than the Laura Mercier gloss, but it's also non-sticky.  I'm a fan of white-ish glosses, so I like this freebie the best out of the two.  And because it's white/clear, I'm sure it'll mix lovely with a nude liner.  Just dab it in the middle of your nude-lined lips and you're good to go.



Domino wanted his own lip shot, and I happily obliged.  No lipgloss needed here :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 7, 2010 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Brit Nason said...

oh i'm so glad you love your dress! you'll have to post a picture of how you styled in on our facebook page, we'd love to see!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Angeles-CA/SLEEPWALKER-LA/134179879945139

xoxo

 
At November 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM , Blogger Lala said...

oh the gloss is great. love it !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home