Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010, pt 1: A Family Feast & Grandma's Store

The Holidays always go by much faster than I want them to.  This morning, I had breakfast with my sister and new bro-in-law, shopped for roadtrip snacks with them at Ranch 99, then hugged them both goodbye before they drove back down to So Cal.  After four fun-filled days with them and the rest of my family, I have serious family withdrawal.  These pictures won't help with that, but a Holiday this fun deserves a photo diary for sure.  Here's part one.

We went to visit my grandma, which was a special event because she met my sister's hubby for the first time.  She busted out all of her favorite stories of us (some complete with accompanying baby pictures) and even showed off this gorgeous shot of herself as an eighteen-year-old (I'd do the same if I were this cute at 18!).

My grandma has a perpetual garage sale jam-packed with all kinds of goodies, and these are the stairs that lead to it...

I sort of feel like Ariel in her treasure trove as I make my way through all the items up for sale.

My grandma is the sharpest 85-year-old out there -- she has a store to keep herself busy.

And we all go home with various knick-knacks after a visit to the store.  My brother-in-law scored big time on his first trip!



For Christmas, my huge family packed itself into my auntie's cozy home.  We ate, drank, played games and cooed over the cutest babies in the world, like our cousin Nathaniel.  He hates socks like me!

Me and my sissies

Skyping with family in Germany

Nathaniel's "baby" twin brother Manuel modeled a new hat he got from my mama, and he loved it!  It was a perfect note to end the party on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home