Monday, November 16, 2009

VIB Status

Thanks to my VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) status at Sephora, I spent my entire Sunday shopping for gorgeous Christmas presents for my VIP friends. All VIBs received a code/coupon for 20% off at Sephora & Sephora.com (TWENTY percent!!) I LOVE special-invitation shopping events. Am a sucker for them ... so rest assured I went to town. I can't reveal everything I bought, because like I said, l bought a ton of presents, but I made sure to pick up a few stocking stuffers for myself:

MAKE UP FOREVER Khol Pencil in Black 1. I've been wanting to experiment with a more smudged liner look, and I think the kohl pencils are the best tools of the trade for this. I've heard great things about Chanel's kohl pencil, but because of my affinity for MUFE's Aqua Eyes, I feel I owe to the brand to give their kohl a shot. So excited!

Tarte Crown Jewels Lipgloss Multi-Gift Set: I've been eyeing this forevs. It's a set of 15 glosses (FIFTEEN!!!) crowned with Sephora's Natural Seal of approval. I never dissect the list of ingredients before purchasing a lipgloss, but I'd like to start making this a habit. Think about how long that stuff sits on our lips and how much of it we accidentally ingest. It might as well be non-toxic. On a happier note, these beauties are packaged five to a box, so I technically have 2 sets to give away and 1 to keep for myself. I plan to mix & match my gift boxes so my friends get a nice collection of neutrals, berries and glitter shades. I'm going to be the BEST Santa EVER!!

Too Faced LOCKDOWN Ultimate Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Bedroom Eyes. You've seen this product in so many past entries, surely you know I'd jump at the chance to stock up at a discount. I didn't buy more than one tube though, for two reasons:
1) 1 tube lasts a century, so the unused tubes would sit idle and when this happens ... (continue to #2!)
2) the formula tends to "separate" when not in use. The oilier ingredient separates from the pigment and you have to shake the tube before it's wearable. It's sort of a pain, so one tube for now ... still juiced though!!

Expect a full report when the goods come in.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home