Friday, September 18, 2009

Glam in 8 minutes: My BART Routine

My 40 minute train ride into San Francisco every morning consists of a little nap, some reading, some journaling, and this 8 minute makeover:

NOTE: it wasn't always doable in 8 minutes. This routine & product collection has been perfected over 6 straight years of BARTing into work. That's approximately 1,440 morning trips on Bay Area Rapid Transit!!

Here's a shot of my starting lineup (notice the packaging on some of these -- I use them ALL THE TIME):



The real beauty of this routine is it can be done whilst sitting on your ass, and without the use of a brush. All you need are your FINGERS! You'll have to get over the fear of everyone gawking at your audacity to conduct a full makeover on the morning commute. The truth is, everyone is either too sleepy or too engrossed in their Op-Ed to care. So, to the lineup. I've pictured them above in order of application.

Origins Quick, Hide! Easy blend concealer: I've been using this stuff for YEARS, and it's terrific if you don't like the full-full-coverage look. I like my skin to look real, so I only dab this on my problematic areas (lil under the eyes, down the nose, a few dots on the cheeks) and it works great. I use the 03 Medium shade. This takes a minute MAX.

Too Faced Lock Down: Apply this fantastic creme eyeshadow on your lids, and blend with your ring finger (it has the softest touch) up to as close to your brow as you like. I only use one color in my BART routine: Bedroom Eyes. Too Faced has perfected the creme eyeshadow, as far as I'm concerned. I use cremes 99.9% of the time, so I've tried a lot of them, and this one is by far THE BEST in terms of blendability and staying power (I NEVER need a touchup). Application takes 2 - 3 minutes, depending on how much you put on, how much you have to blend.

Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner: This doesn't provide as thin a line as I would like, unless I sharpen it before each use, but in terms of depth of color and lasting color, nothing beats it. I wear contacts, and this never irritates them (KEY factor in determining your eyeliner life partner!) I line my top lash line & lower water line. 1 minute.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara: As I've mentioned before, this is my tried & true. Been using this for about a year and a half and all attempts to try other brands have resulted in me running back to this, and begging its forgiveness. Takes me back everytime. Sometimes I plus up my lashes with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus. If you're looking for a lash primer, this stuff is the business:



If you add in this primer step, the mascara application takes 2 minutes. Mascara alone would take 1 minute.

MAC Paints in Architecture: I'm a fan of the chiseled & blushed cheeks of the 80's, so I use this cream to create the illusion of cheekbones. I smear & blend it right underneath my cheekbone. Takes 30 seconds!

Givenchy Gloss Interdit: As you know, I purchased two of these bad boys just recently. They're my newest edition to mission: BART beauty. I use the Coral Frenzy color more than Glamorous Fuschia, but I like them both. This takes 30 seconds, too.

And that's a wrap. Follow the steps above and you should be good to go & ready to work!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger eiLand said...

This is my kind of routine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home