Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Smashbox Gloss, plus Macy's vs. Sephora!

So I *sorta* got my lipgloss fix. Not the Givenchy one that I was pining for, but something similar in silhouette:

It's Smashbox's Lip Enhancing Gloss (photo cred Sephora.com). I got it in Afterglow, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It's a perfect everyday color. It's not sticky at all, and it leaves my lips moisturized. My normal liptone is on the pale side, but this gloss gives me the perfect pinch of color. Here's me with it on (bursting at the seams with excitement!):


I picked this up at Macy's, went there thinking they carried the Givenchy cosmetics line. Have you noticed how their cosmetics department has been redesigned to look exactly the same as a Sephora store? Well, Sephora noticed it too and is serving up a big fat lawsuit against Federated Department Stores (Macy's parent company) on the grounds of copying Sephora's "layout, the attire of sales associates, the interior design, the displays, the alphabetical arrangement of brands, and the overall impression of the shopping experience." Read more about it at allbusiness.com.

There's even a blurb in that article about Macy's employees taking pictures of fixtures and lighting at Sephora stores, spy-style. DRAMA! Hope the girls learn to play nice -- they're in too pretty an industry to keep those sour faces on!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger eiLand said...

Looks good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home